Sunday, May 20, 2012

Totally Awesome!

Big hair and a peach ball gown.
What in the world was I thinking?

As far as the peach ball gown I was thinking I could get one more use out of this bridesmaid dress.
As far as the big hair -- well it was the 80's!

Remember the 80's?
A time where you heard phrases like, Totally Awesome! Excellent! and Totally Righteous -- Dude!

I remember when Christopher and I where a young married couple, and his little sister 15 years his junior told us that her high school was having a retro-party. I was so excited for her. I asked her, so what are you all going to dress up as? What is the theme? Roaring 20's with Flappers & Zoot Suits, 30's & 40's Sophisticated Couture, 50's Poodle Skirts & Ponytails, and guys with slick back hair, 60's Outrageous Color & Pattern Combinations, Crazy Psychedelic Patterns, Flower Power, and Hippy Outfits, or 70's Disco Outfits with the Farrah Fawcett Feathered-Hair Style?

She said no, we are going to do a Retro 80's Party. 
Since when did the 80's become Retro? When did the decade of our youth become vintage?
That is Totally Not Awesome!

This was Life's way of giving me my reluctant rite of passage from the Youth Group into the Adult Group. The transition from a young person searching for her way to a young adult responsible for showing the way for the next generation. Yikes! I barely started figuring things out myself, and I made my share of mistakes along the way. How can I be a good example when I messed up? How can I encourage others when I have not lived a perfect life?

My family background was horrific, a complete nightmare not the things of fairy tales that would inspire or encourage young people.

And the LORD softly spoke to my heart saying, you can be an Excellent Example without having lived a perfect life.

What I have learned thus far in my Journey with Jesus is that being Righteous does not mean that you are totally perfect. Think of it this way. To get an A on your report card means that you did Excellent, it does not mean that you got everything correct, just [most] of the things.

As Christians, Christ followers we are called to live sanctified lives set apart from the world. We are to standout from the crowd not blend into it. The way we stand out is to be an Excellent Example by making righteous choices ordained by GOD, and dare to reject what we know is unrighteous.

Living a Righteous Life means that you desire to do what is right by honoring GOD, and you have learned that GOD's Way is the Best Way, because it brings about countless & priceless blessings, not only for you and your loved ones, but for generations to come. Righteous Living is intelligent living, because it is making wise decisions by choosing right over wrong. A Righteous Person is not a perfect person, but it is a courageous person by making mostly righteous choices, and when you mess up, and you will (none of us are perfect that is why we all need a Savior), be convicted, not rebellious, or self-righteous, repent, and ask for forgiveness, learn from your mistakes, and share your mistakes, so others can actually be blessed by what you have learned when you Dare to Share.

That's it? Lord you mean the mistakes of my past can be used for a righteous purpose?
Seriously GOD that is Totally Awesome!

If I Dare to Share, then I can serve as a warning sign, so that others can avoid a Total Wipe Out!

I can warn them of the danger that lies ahead, because I too headed off in the wrong direction. I walked with the crowd, and ran away from Christ. I did not understand that GOD's ways were a blessing to keep me from danger and destruction, so I danced in the shadows, and did not know what I was missing by being in the Son's Light.

Dare to Share . . . okay here goes. . . Dare to Share!


If you like this "Share It Forward" on Facebook & Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment