Friday, April 20, 2012

Weary Traveler, Lay Your Burdens Down


Life is an Amazing Adventure with so many gems to discover. Here is a new one that I just discovered, and I want to "Share It Forward" with you.

Weary Traveler, Lay Your Burdens Down.

A traveler was walking down the road laboring under the heavy burden he was carrying on his back. Along came a man with a horse-drawn cart. Pulling alongside the traveler, the cart driver said, "Sir, I see that you are carrying a heavy load and that it makes you weary. Wouldn't you rather ride in my cart than carry that heavy burden?"

"Yes," the weary traveler said as he got into the cart. "Now I will no longer have to walk with this burden." A littler farther down the road the cart driver looked behind him and was quite astonished to see the traveler sitting in the cart still carrying his burden, held tightly on his back.

"Sir, why do you still bend under the weight of your burden when you could simply set it down?" he asked. "You have helped me so much already," said the traveler, "I would not want to impose on you any further."

"But don't you see," replied the cart driver, "it would not be an imposition on me for you to put your burden down. Look at my horse; he is strong and willing. He was made to carry heavy burdens. Besides, both of you are now carrying your load, yet my horse will carry your load whether you do or not! So please put your burden down or you will wear yourself out and make my horse feel unappreciated."

* story from Angela Thomas's book, Do You Think I'm Beautiful?

Cast “all your care upon Him, for He cares for you” (1 Peter 5:7).

We can rely on God: “Trust in the LORD forever, for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength” (Isaiah 26:4 KJV).

Jesus said: “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28).




No comments:

Post a Comment