Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Right Path

Whose opinion do we value above all? Does majority rule in our life? Who makes up our circle of influence? Are we partaking in what is Popular or what is Purposeful?

Partaking in secular things that go directly against GOD are becoming more and more acceptable with many Christians. Rationalizing & justifying choices that they are okay, based on what others do rather than the guidelines Christ has set for us. I know, been there, done that. We search for the "Easy Way" which is really "The Lazy Compromising Way" that we have cloaked in a deceptive lie and renamed it "The Practical Way". It is our sin nature and foolish pride that elevates Practical over Spiritual. Thing is when we do things the world's way instead of GOD's way Practical leads to Problems.

I certainly do not have all the answers, but Christ does, and I am discovering more and more as I go along His Way, and not the way of the world.

GOD's Way is key to unlock an Extraordinary Life found only through Kingdom Living. 


Matthew 7:13-14

The Narrow Way New King James Version (NKJV)
   13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because[a] narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.


Matthew 7:13-14

Amplified Bible (AMP)
13Enter through the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and spacious and broad is the way that leads away to destruction, and many are those who are entering through it.
    14But the gate is narrow (contracted [a]by pressure) and the way is straitened and compressed that leads away to life, and few are those who find it.


Matthew 7:13-14

Being and Doing The Message (MSG)
13-14"Don't look for shortcuts to God. The market is flooded with surefire, easygoing formulas for a successful life that can be practiced in your spare time. Don't fall for that stuff, even though crowds of people do. The way to life—to God!—is vigorous and requires total attention.


Psalm 25

New Living Translation (NLT)
1 O Lord, I give my life to you.
    2 I trust in you, my God!
   Do not let me be disgraced,
      or let my enemies rejoice in my defeat.
 3 No one who trusts in you will ever be disgraced,
      but disgrace comes to those who try to deceive others.
 4 Show me the right path, O Lord;
      point out the road for me to follow.
 5 Lead me by your truth and teach me,
      for you are the God who saves me.
      All day long I put my hope in you.
 6 Remember, O Lord, your compassion and unfailing love,
      which you have shown from long ages past.
 7 Do not remember the rebellious sins of my youth.
      Remember me in the light of your unfailing love,
      for you are merciful, O Lord.
 8 The Lord is good and does what is right;
      he shows the proper path to those who go astray.
 9 He leads the humble in doing right,
      teaching them his way.
 10 The Lord leads with unfailing love and faithfulness
      all who keep his covenant and obey his demands.
 11 For the honor of your name, O Lord,
      forgive my many, many sins.
 12 Who are those who fear the Lord?
      He will show them the path they should choose.
 13 They will live in prosperity,
      and their children will inherit the land.
 14 The Lord is a friend to those who fear him.
      He teaches them his covenant.
 15 My eyes are always on the Lord,
      for he rescues me from the traps of my enemies.



The easy way leads to disaster, that is the enemy's plan to pretend he is a friend, encourages us to compromise to lead us to our own demise. Compromise leads to Demise. 

Just something to think & pray about.
~ Anissa Stark

No comments:

Post a Comment